VoIP Phones is increasingly becoming the preferred choice for corporate telecommunication and internet connections. A VoIP telephone, or IP telephone use voice over IP technology for placing and transiting phone calls via an IP network, including the Internet, rather than the public switched phone network. Voice over IP (VoIP) phones use their own hardware and software, rather than being connected to a traditional telephone network like a conventional telephone.
A VoIP telephone system can consist of both mobile and fixed VoIP phones.
The fixed VoIP phones are usually used at work and replaced by personal computers. The cost of such a system depends on the use. At home, it might be cheaper to use a regular telephone line, whereas in a small business it is more cost-effective to use a VoIP system with a fixed monthly fee. The benefits of a VoIP system include:
– Better telephone performance. VoIP phones usually offer excellent clarity and sound quality, thanks to the digital signals that are transmitted over the Internet and its servers. To make sure that the sound is clear and crisp, a good VoIP service provider ensures a high-quality design and implementation. A good VoIP service provider also employs advanced VoIP technologies to enhance clarity and audio quality.
– No physical line is required to make or receive calls. Traditional landline phones work on a number of copper lines. Each phone connects to a different circuit within the phone network. This means that each time the phone rings, someone has to go down the phone ladder to answer it. The need to keep switching between different phones also makes it inconvenient for people who have a diverse number of residential and work locations.
– More convenient call transfers. Traditional telephony systems generally transfer calls via local telephone exchange systems (CTEs). The biggest advantage with this service is that calls can be transferred using a common circuit switch and network of circuits. However, most VoIP phones make use of dedicated circuit switches (or IP phones) that enable them to make and receive calls in just a single network, eliminating the need to change copper wiring. SIP trunks enable a single IP phone to make and receive calls on the Internet using a local dial up connection.
– Integrated phone system. One of the advantages of VoIP Phones is the integration of the phone system with the internet service provider (ISP). An IP phone system can be integrated with an online VoIP service. This means that users of VoIP Phones can simply go online and make and receive calls at the same place as if they used a traditional telephone.
– No extra hardware required. Unlike conventional telephones, there are no significant additional investments required to implement a hosted VoIP Phone system. Instead, all VoIP services require nothing more than an internet connection. In contrast, all users of conventional telephony equipment will need to have their own phone number, permanent phone numbers, and additional hardware. This hardware may include but is not limited to: landlines, mobile phones, cordless phones, modems, and so forth.
– Reduced infrastructure cost. A major advantage of VoIP Phones compared to conventional telecommunications is the reduced infrastructure cost. In a VoIP environment, all calls using VoIP services are made using the same internet connection instead of using a separate telephone line. This enables VoIP Phones to offer low rates, since VoIP services only require a low minimum fee, no long distance charges, no maintenance fees, and no capital expenses.
– Wireless phones using Wi-Fi. Many devices are now available that make use of Wi-Fi data networks to make calls using VoIP technology. These include wireless phones that run on a variety of operating systems and devices such as webcams and USB sticks.
– Convenience for users and businesses. Traditional telephony systems typically require users to use a landline phone in order to call others. VoIP Phones also makes it easier to convert voice calls into text messages or other forms of data, making them convenient for use with applications that require text messaging functions. Likewise, cloud phone systems can allow users to receive calls through their PDAs or mobile devices and transfer calls between various internet service providers (ISP) by transferring the call over the airwaves.
VoIP Phones offers a number of advantages to business and personal users alike.
With VoIP Phones, making calls using traditional telephone devices is made more convenient and affordable.
- Businesses and individual users can make calls using their PC instead of an analog telephone.
- They can also use VoIP Phones for making calls to multiple people through a single device.
- The end result is a more cost-effective way to communicate for both business and personal use.